Do you miss Leotah’s Place as much as I do?! Well Blew is back and needs your help, with a new coffee shop for East Kensington. Franny Lou’s Porch is a community-oriented space, so what better way to begin than by bringing the community together through crowd-sourcing. Watch the video below and please consider donating! (Don’t forget to share with your friends too!)
A warm space engaging in community activism, cultural awareness, relational business practices, a vehicle for advocacy, a place of rest…
Named in honor of Frances E. W. Harper and Fannie Lou Hamer
Franny Lou’s Porch’s hope is to be a warm space engaging in community activism, cultural awareness, relational business practices, a vehicle for advocacy, and most importantly a place of rest. We desire to be intentional when connecting to our neighbors and our products. A place to encourage and foster those that want to live simple, healthy, and aware lives.
We have a place, a wonderful landlord, neighborhood support, and a great team ready to get started! Our progress so far:
- Site Plans are submitted to the Philadelphia Health Dept.
- Construction and remodeling in action, including beautiful windows!
- Zoning adjustment
- Gathering the Franny Lou Team, organizing and training a well delegated group of individuals by focusing on their strengths and hopes
- Experimenting recipes for our new food & drink menu
- Partnering with businesses, galleries, and festivals bringing coffee, tea, and biscuits
- Our delivery service to homes and offices
- Polishing up our business plan to look for grants and community loans to complete our stretching financial goal
Our Next Steps!
- Funding and spreading the word about this Kickstarter!
- Screen printing patches and aprons, as well as booming other areas of publicity to encourage the excitement of the new community space.
- Go through the several basements and storage units across Philadelphia holding our equipment and supplies from the previous coffeehouse
- Bar and Kitchen installation at the new place
- Gather our community advisory board: neighborhood and business folk that help with decisions to keep a well-rounded community space